School History

St Catherine's School opened in 1957 and was administered by the Sisters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart. In 1984 the first lay principal was appointed. In 2017 the school celebrated 60 years of providing Catholic Education in Moorabbin. 

The school is situated on spacious grounds in a quiet street off South Road. You will find major shopping centres, secondary schools, a TAFE college, a swimming complex, parks and sports grounds close by. There are many local sporting groups, clubs and hobby groups in the community to cater for the interests of the children. 

The school buildings have undergone major refurbishment to provide adequate facilities conducive to a contemporary learning environment. Learning spaces are well equipped with technology tools for learning. In addition our facilitates include an Art Room, Library, Learning Hub, Hall and Kitchen  

In 2016 St Catherine's Moorabbin along with St Paul's Bentleigh and St Peter's Bentleigh East became the Federated Schools of Holy Trinity Parish. While each school operates independently of each other the leaderhip across the three school work in collaboration to support student learning, faith development of students and the mangament of the school.

As of 2018 St Catherine's has become the centre of the Federated School's Arrowsmith Program. A brand new and refurbished learning space has been created with the purpose of supporting the program. Additionally the school is hosting weekly homework club's to assist with Arrowsmith Students and their additional work. 

St Catherine's has always been known for its friendly and welcoming school community.